Sponsorship Director, [Boston, New York, Seattle]
United States, Massachusetts, Boston/New York/Seattle
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be collaborating with a team of students in the planning of an in-person TechTogether hackathon for your community. TechTogether hackathons are one of our biggest community engagement initiatives and continue to grow in size every year. As the Sponsorship Director, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with TechTogether's corporate partners to secure funding for your chapter's hackathon. This role is perfect for someone that wants to develop their sales, strategy, and project management skill-sets.
1. Form and maintain relationships with TechTogether's corporate partners to secure funding for your chapter's hackathon
2. Build strong relationships with internal team members, companies, event vendors, and local ecosystem stakeholders.
3. Manage a team of 2-3 general members
4. Collaborate with TechTogether to hit milestones and event diversity goals
Time Commitment: June - September 2022
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity with a local TechTogether chapter.
- Massachusetts/New York/Washington resident and/or a student currently enrolled in a Massachusetts/New York/Washington school.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16-24 enrolled in either high school, college, Bootcamp, or training program
- Available to work 5 hours a week required.
- Independent and self-sufficient
- Passionate about TechTogether’s mission
- Effective communicator both orally and written
- Creative problem solver with a can-do attitude