Logistics Director [England, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta]
United States, Massachusetts, England, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be collaborating with a team of students in the planning of an in-person TechTogether hackathon for your community. TechTogether hackathons are one of our biggest community engagement initiatives and continue to grow in size every year. As the Logistics Director, you will be responsible for crafting the vision of the event and overseeing the event planning. This role is perfect for someone that wants to develop their leadership, project management, event planning, and marketing outreach skill-sets.
1. Oversee and organize the structure of your chapter's hackathon. This includes crafting a schedule for the event and being the point of contact for volunteers, mentors, and judges.
2. Build strong relationships with internal team members, companies, event vendors, and local ecosystem stakeholders.
3. Manage a team of 2-3 general members
4. Collaborate with TechTogether to hit milestones and event diversity goals
Application is Rolling, Deadline to Apply: October 21st
Time Commitment: October - Event Date
Your event will take place between January - March depending on your chosen venue's availability.
- Resident and/or current student in the state where your chapter is located. *If you are applying for the England chapter, you must be a resident and/or current student in England.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16-24 enrolled in either high school, college, Bootcamp, or training program
- Available to work 5 hours a week required.
- Independent and self-sufficient
- Passionate about TechTogether’s mission
- Effective communicator both orally and written
- Creative problem solver with a can-do attitude