Chapter Director, New York
United States, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
In this cross-functional role, you’ll be leading a team of 10-15 students in the planning of an in-person TechTogether hackathon for the New York community. TechTogether hackathons are one of our biggest community engagement initiatives and continue to grow in size every year. We’re looking for the right individual to help us plan, organize, and execute a TechTogether hackathon in one of our chapter locations that will bring together 300 people of marginalized genders. As the Chapter Director, you will be responsible for crafting the vision of the event and overseeing the event planning. This is the most time-intensive role within the Chapter Program. This role is perfect for someone that wants to develop their leadership, project management, and people skills. The Director role is usually where we see the most professional growth within the Chapter Program.
1. Drive planning project management and execution of your chapter’s annual hackathon.
2. Build strong relationships with internal team members, companies, event vendors, and local ecosystem stakeholders.
3. Work with your team to manage the overall budget, resources, and logistics of the event
4. Collaborate with TechTogether to hit milestones and event diversity goals
Time Commitment: December 2022 - June 2023
- Resident of New York or surrounding states and/or a student currently enrolled in a New York school
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16-24 enrolled in either high school, college, Bootcamp, or training program
- Available to work 5-10 hours a week required
- Independent and self-sufficient
- Passionate about TechTogether’s mission
- Effective communicator both orally and written
- Creative problem solver with a can-do attitude